A Greek-English Lexicon, Liddell & Scott (1940)
Long standing and popular LSJ dictionary of Ancient Greek language, transcribed by Perseus project and reproduced on many web-sites.
Current version is v1.2 (February 14, 2020). Format Slob is recommended for GoldenDict, read documentation about other dictionary shells.
Another variant of this dictionary, in StarDict format, can be taken from the Chaeréphon’s collection.
- Liddell, Henry George; Scott, Robert. A Greek-English Lexicon. Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1940.
- Liddell, Henry George; Scott, Robert. A Greek-English Lexicon; Machine readable text. Trustees of Tufts University, Medford, MA, 1995. (Revision 1.3 by 2014-07-10) URL: https://github.com/PerseusDL/lexica/tree/master/CTS_XML_TEI/perseus/pdllex/grc/lsj.
States and limitations
Headwords are represented in tree forms:
- Greek script polytonic: φιλέω
- Greek script w/o diacritics: φιλεω
- Latin transcription: filew
Citation references were not resolved into real Internet links.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
Text provided under a CC BY-SA license by Perseus Digital Library, http://www.perseus.tufts.edu, with funding from The National Endowment for the Humanities. Data accessed from https://github.com/PerseusDL/lexica/ [2020-01-06].